Saturday, July 5, 2014

Unexpected

When I took Dumplin for his six month check up, I stepped off the elevator with my big kids and turned toward the doctor's office.  From behind me I heard, "Mrs. XYZ?"  I turned to see a tiny, older lady walking toward me.  She introduced herself as Dad's grandmother, Dumplin's great grandmother. Behind her was another older lady with a walker.  That's her mom.  Dumplin's great great grandmother.  Wow.  Dad lives with these two ladies.

Oh my goodness, wait.  How did they know I'd be here today??  Turns out, I had mentioned this appointment to Dad when I saw him at the MRI appointment.  Evidently, he went home and wrote it on the calendar.  Well....Dad is now is a facility so he couldn't come.  Granny was there to find out how Dumplin was doing and see what the doctor had to say about him.  She is a really sweet woman.  She thanked me for caring for Dumplin...and even shed some tears over the entire mess.  We visited in the waiting room for a bit after the appointment.  They both held Dumplin for as long as he would allow (not long).  Both were very happy to see him, after all, he had been living with them, too, before he came into care. 

Sad how the actions of Dumplin's parents have affected his extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment