Tuesday, June 3, 2014

6:00pm

On the way to meet the caseworker, I believe we inhaled some sort of fast food.  It's a blur, really.

We got to Walmart a little early and went in to look for that crib that the other store didn't have.  It had also dawned on me that we didn't have diapers, bottles, burb cloths, etc.  Fortunately, the caseworker called and we were able to ask if he was coming with any of those items.  He was.  I did pick up a few things.  While we were loading up the car, the caseworker called again to say she was there, sitting in the car, feeding the baby.

We got in the car, drove around the lot to find her car and parked when we saw her.

Here we are.  In a Walmart parking lot.  Meeting a lady we'd never met.  Who didn't ask us for ID.

And we got a baby. At Walmart.  She handed me this tiny almost-five-month old boy.  Smitten.

I spoke to the caseworker a bit.  She tried to give me details about what the baby had been through that day and a little about what he was like.

He came with a tub full of clothes, blankets, diapers, 2 bottles, formula, a diaper bag and a car seat. We transferred everything to our car and the caseworker left. 

We have a baby...




- Bald
- TINY, wearing a 3m outfit
- Sporting a double chin and mini-leg rolls














******************************************************

Did I mention it was crazy hair day at VBS? 

I'm so glad my hair was normal....but our son looked like this....
I tried explaining this to the caseworker....

No comments:

Post a Comment