Sunday, June 1, 2014

VBS

I have worked VBS at our church *I think* every year since I had our first baby.

I was called back in March and asked to work.  At that point, we hadn't told many people that we were getting licensed to foster.  In fact, we didn't announce it on the mighty Facebook until last week when we received our approval letter.

Anyway, I felt I should decline the commitment this year.  I knew that we could be approved by April or May, because that would be around the six month mark of us starting this process and that's the "ballpark" timeframe for getting licensed.  I have heard story after story about foster parents getting calls very soon after receiving their approval. Like, even THAT day.

I really thought I should keep my calendar clear beginning in May in case our approval came and we quickly got a placement.

VBS starts tomorrow and I'll be dropping my kids off.

Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment